Joe Mauer shoots Head & Shoulders shampoo spot (Video Of The Day)
Can you get dandruff on your sideburns?
Maybe it's a sign of his polished professionalism that Twins catcher Joe Mauer doesn't just bust a gut when he utters inane statements like, "being a catcher, my hair takes a beating."
Or maybe it's just a matter of respect for the whopping payday coming his way: Mauer has inked a deal with Head & Shoulders to shill its dandruff shampoo.
Or, as Head & Shoulders' PR department puts it, Mauer is "the newest member to the brand's ambassador team," including the NFL's Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year, Troy Polamalu.
Mauer shot the TV spot at Petco Park in San Diego. Watch the ambassador work:
More on Mauer:
- Mauer signs 8-year/$184 million contract extension to stay with Twins
- Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau need their own nickname
- Joe Mauer notches 1,000 career hits
- Joe Mauer and Jimmy Fallon play video games
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes