Joe Mauer sculpted the stadium's ugly Puckett statue, The Onion alleges
Joe Mauer got his moment in the spotlight this week... in The Onion. The just-for-laughs publication featured our much-loved Twins catcher in their Strongside/Weakside regular sports feature. We'd have to say their evaluation wasn't enough to sway our undying love for his irresistible sideburns. Mmm.
You can check out their entire Mauer graphic, but we've pulled out some of the highlights:
- .994 catching average
- Good eye-quadriceps coordination
- Sculpted the horrifying bronze Kirby Puckett for the new stadium
- When all's said and done, still a Minnesota prick
That's our Cretin boy!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- UnitedHealth is getting even richer on Obamacare
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- The Top 10 T-shirts of the Minnesota State Fair
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: With new & improved fecal insults!