Jesse Ventura wants to be a Mexican citizen [VIDEO]
After a rant about Americans being a bunch of lemmings for supporting corrupt Republicans and Democrats, Jesse Ventura, already Minnesota's most famous Baja resident, told the ladies of "The View" he's so fed up he wants to go native.
His ex-pat leanings were exposed after Whoopee Goldberg pleaded for suggestions for coping with the hacks currently hell bent on shutting down the federal government to score political points.
"What you do is simple," Ventura replied. "Stop voting for Democrats and Republicans."
Then he added his own personal solution: "I live in Mexico now. And by the way, I'll add that my wife and I are thinking about becoming Mexican citizens."
He left the door open for some buyer's remorse, though: He'd want dual citizenship. Because you never know when that U.S. passport might come in handy.
Smart move. As infuriating as it is listening to blowhard political demagogues in Washington folding deck chairs on the Titanic, we're not sure it's wise to trade them in for politicians battling narcotraffickers with a penchant for leaving mass graves around the country. But maybe Jesse knows something we don't.
You're watching Jesse Ventura is trying to become a Mexican citizen 04/06/11 - TV Replay. See the Web's top videos on AOL Video
- Jesse Ventura Now [COVER STORY]
- Jesse Ventura sues TSA for "sexual assault" security check
- Jesse Ventura says "all Minnesotans are liars"
- Jesse Ventura tells Bill Maher the Catholic Church is like the Mafia
- Jesse Ventura vs. Michele Bachmann [VIDEO]
- Jesse Ventura spars with "The View," "Fox and Friends" over 9/11
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Nicole Curtis hates 'affordable housing' that replaced south Minneapolis homes
- Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau will keep her job, but not without critics
- Minnetonka Schools remain oddly silent after teen assaults Chris Carr's daughter
- Luke McAvoy, ex-Minnesota football player, comes out in powerful essay