Jared Allen, Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson beg Brett Favre to come back [UPDATED]
Three Vikings -- Jared Allen, Ryan Longwell and Steve Hutchinson -- have reportedly beat it south to Mississippi in a last ditch effort to get Brett Favre to haul is sore ol' butt back to the tundra and try one last time to deliver the team unto the Super Bowl.
The Strib reports that the three were not at training camp meetings earlier this morning, and that sources said they were on their way to Hattiesburg.
ESPN's Kevin Seifert calls the effort "an unprecedented move in modern-day team building."
I think we can say the Vikings have pulled the emergency brake. They are panicked and clearly have serious concerns about Favre's once-presumed intent to play this season.
Meanwhile, a message posted on Favre's official website promises some big news by the end of the day.
We have to ask: If he does come back, will any enterprising Minnesota sports reporter ask Favre about the infamous penis pictures? Stay tuned.
And, for the truly obsessed, you can follow what appears to be his flight to Minnesota via Flight Tracker.
Check back for updates.
Meantime, here's some of what we've written about him this past year.
- Jean Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Paul Allen on Jeff Dubay, Brett Favre, the Vikings
- Favre cheesed at manager's "drama queen" quote
- Possum-killer Brett Favre profiled by Men's Journal
- ESPY wasn't for "Best Dodged Career Decision"
- Brett Favre: Best Vikings Player of the Year
- Brett Favre, Artist of the Year
- Fans buy billboard in Favre's hometown
- Brett Favre: Grandpa
- Post-game injuries revealed in graphic photos
- Worst Favre Sears commercial appearance ever?
- So happy he wants his "pants on the ground"
- The full City Pages archive on Brett Favre
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Who's regulating Clearwater Kennel, one of America's "worst puppy mills"?
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Minnesota's first nonprofit pet clinic draws visitors across the Midwest
- Scott Walker wants to protect us from the Canadian menace