Jared Allen knows how to stop Calvin Johnson: Optimus Prime
As the struggling Minnesota Vikings prepare to face the surging Detroit Lions this weekend, Jared Allen is thinking outside the box.
The biggest deep threat on the Lions is wide receiver Calvin Johnson, AKA Megatron (which is probably the coolest nickname in the NFL). So Jared Allen reached back to his youth for advice to offer the Vikings defensive coordinator.
"I would say if a guy's national nickname is Megatron, unless you've got Optimus Prime on your team ... let's double him up," Allen offers.
Of course, if Optimus Prime isn't available on waivers, and doubling him up doesn't stop Megatron, there's always a third option: Punch him in the weiner, dude.
- Mark Dayton still wants a new Vikings stadium. Do you? [POLL]
- Vikings stadium won't go to a vote
- Gambling on football: How the Block E Casino might build the Vikings stadium
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Black Lives Matter marches on the Fair with heavy police escort, few hecklers
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Vester Lee Flanagan could have just as easily bought a gun in Minnesota
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse