Hendrickson children, burned in tent fire, were homeless
Screengrab via WCCO
The pictures on the TV news last night were pretty disturbing: Caiden Hendrickson, 3, and his little brother, 14-month-old Cameron, laying in hospital beds at Hennepin County Medical Center, horribly burned.
The two boys were injured after their tent caught fire on Friday in Otsego. Cameron, who suffered the worst, has second- and third-degree burns over 60 percent of his body and is listed in critical condition. Caiden's second- and third degree burns covered about 20 percent of his body.
And maybe you're thinking "camping accident." But the tent has a street address.
The kids and their parents were living in the tent, in a friend's back yard, because they'd been evicted from their New Brighton apartment.
It sounds like Caiden pulled his baby brother to safety; the boys are in for a long recovery. In the meantime, the Wright County sheriff and the state fire marshal are trying to figure out why the fire started in the first place.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Minnesota's first nonprofit pet clinic draws visitors across the Midwest
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Scott Walker wants to protect us from the Canadian menace
- Minneapolis fantasy football loser takes Lyn-Lake walk of shame