Gregory Favre disavows cousin Brett's penis
Anyone with an awkward relative can surely relate to the predicament of Gregory Favre: His cousin Brett, the famous quarterback, is under investigation for allegedly sending a woman unwanted photos of his junk.
How's that for a family reunion show stopper?
Adding to the irony: The Brett Favre sexting story broken by Deadspin has become Exhibit "A" in media ethics debates, and Gregory Favre is a veteran newsie who now teaches media values at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank.
Thankfully, Gregory Favre has a sense of humor about all this when colleagues and reporters ring him up for a quote and some insight. Sorry, he says. Don't know the guy, and don't want anything to do with his little quarterback. Conflict of interest in writing or teaching about him? Hardly:
For the record: Brett is a distant cousin in six different ways. I am 34 years older than he. I have never met him. I did know his grandfather. I left home 15 years before he was born. He doesn't know how to pronounce our name, and neither do any of the sportscasters. Or Deadspin, for that matter. I have talked to the managing editor of Poynter.org once in a year and that was about a good place to buy po-boy sandwiches.
Man, where's the family love?
The Favre File:
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin defends Brett Favre naked in crocs story
- Gawker's Nick Denton claims moral high ground on Brett Favre penis post
- Slideshow: Naked in Crocs, A Favre Fantasy
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- NFL checks out Brett Favre's penis
- Masseuse claims Brett Favre sexual harassment
- Favre admits his reputation's at stake
- Favre sexting on Monday Night Football
- Favre sexting story eclipses 500th TD pass
- Brett Favre's still bad to the bone for Wrangler
- Favre's penis can't catch a break (Video)
- Stephen Colbert on Brett Favre's jock (Video)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Nicole Curtis hates 'affordable housing' that replaced south Minneapolis homes
- Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau will keep her job, but not without critics
- Minnetonka Schools remain oddly silent after teen assaults Chris Carr's daughter
- Luke McAvoy, ex-Minnesota football player, comes out in powerful essay