Gov. Scott Walker's "damage control" is laughable: Comment Of The Day
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is dispatching state troopers again today in his never-ending effort to hunt down Senate Democrats.
But elsewhere he's a laughing stock for having been punk'd into revealing his plans for trying to bust his state's public employee unions.
"The 'damage control' is laughable," says one commenter. But don't get distracted by larger issues.
"This guy is a first class jerk from the word go. He couldn't find a backbone on any skeleton in his grimy little closet if his owners paid him to. Voters need to be paying attention to who stood behind this and show them you don't forgive or forget their part in attempting to destroy the middle class."
- Pawlenty Reloaded: Stand with Walker
- Keith Ellison denounces "dictator" Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
- Scott Walker phone fail: Wis. governor falls for prank call you wouldn't believe
- Mark Dayton, eyeing Wisconsin, promises no union-busting laws
- Bachmann wants Obama to be more like Wisconsin governor, but Americans don't
- Wisconsin 14 won't get paychecks until they come home
- Wisconsin police hunt down Democratic senators over union-busting bill
- Bachmann vs. Obama on Wisconsin unions
- Jon Stewart pillories GOP "ritual sacrifice" of Wisconsin unions
- Wisconsin will call out National Guard against striking state workers
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.