This year Fringe-goers can choose from more than 800 performances of 160 shows at 22 venues; buy a ticket and you'll own one of more than 40,000 issued. If you're not in the mood for drama or comedy (and who are you, exactly?), you'll find a ton of dance productions, a few indescribable shows, and a good number of offerings for the younger set. If you're older than 12, you'll need to buy a Fringe button ($4) to get into shows. Once you've pinned it on, single-show admission is $12 ($5 for kids, $10 for seniors 65 and older, students, and MPR members). The multi-show passes are where it gets interesting: $50 for a five-show punch card, $90 for a 10-show card, and $150 for the Ultra Pass, the Holy Grail of Fringe-going that grants you unlimited admission. As always, fringefestival.org is your clearinghouse for schedules and information. Venues are listed below (all in Minneapolis, unless noted). Keep a cool head and, what the hell: This year, overdo it.
• Augsburg College (two stages), 2211 Riverside Ave. S.
• Bedlam Theatre parking lot, 1501 S. 6th St.
• Bryant-Lake Bowl, 810 W. Lake St.
• City of Lakes Waldorf School, 2344 Nicollet Ave. S.
• Colonial Warehouse, 212 3rd Ave. N.
• Gremlin Theatre, 2400 University Ave. W., St. Paul
• Illusion Theater, 528 Hennepin Ave., 8th Floor
• Interdistrict Downtown School, 10 S. 10th St.
• Intermedia Arts, 2822 Lyndale Ave. S.
• Kieran's Irish Pub, 330 2nd Ave. S.
• Nomad World Pub, 501 Cedar Ave. S.
• Minneapolis Theatre Garage, 711 Franklin Ave. W.
• Mixed Blood Theatre, 1501 S. 4th St.
• North Central University, 1410 Elliot Ave. S. #202
• Playwrights' Center, 2301 Franklin Ave. E.
• Ritz Theater, 345 13th Ave. NE
• Southern Theater, 1420 Washington Ave. S.
• University of Minnesota Rarig Center (four stages), 330 21st Ave. S.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.