Al Franken's campaign attorney Marc Elias said the campaign is withdrawing 425 challenges today, according to Minnesota Public Radio. The campaign withdrew 633 challenges last week.
More from MPR:
"We continue the process that I described to you several weeks ago, and looking through our challenges and withdrawing the ones that we view to not be meritorious," said Elias.In other recount news, Minneapolis gave up their search for missing ballots, according to the Pioneer Press. Oh well. You find some, you lose some, right?
Elias said he may meet with the Coleman campaign this week to negotiate whether any other challenges can be withdrawn.
Coleman's campaign has withdrawn 650 challenges to date. Originally, both campaigns challenged more than 6,600 ballots.
The city of Minneapolis today ended its hunt for an envelope containing 133 ballots that went missing during a statewide recount of the 2008 U.S. Senate race.And there is no sign the lawsuits against Norm Coleman relating to his buddy Nasser Kazeminy are going anywhere. Coleman's spokesman, LeRoy Coleman said they haven't been notified of any investigation, according to the Pioneer Press.
A city spokesman said Minneapolis has turned over the results of its recount to the Secretary of State's office, and that the state Canvassing Board will take up the matter of the missing ballots when it meets Friday.
Neither U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman, nor his office, have received a target letter, formal notice, or telepathic inquiry from any investigatory agency, panel or heavenly body regarding Nasser Kazeminy, the Hays Companies or Deep Marine Technology, his spokesman said this morning. Parse the question however you will, LeRoy Coleman will say, "Nope."