Franken/Coleman poll mania: 54 percent of Minnesotans want Coleman to concede
It's like election season all over again, but this time we are only hearing about what Minnesotans think about Al Franken and Norm Coleman. What a nightmare.
The latest Rasmussen Reports poll has a lot of interesting results highlighting how Minnesotans feel about the ongoing fight for the state's open U.S. Senate seat. The most important to most people: 54 percent of Minnesota voters want Coleman to concede, while 41 percent disagree.
Check out a list of all notable poll results below.
- No surprise: 87 percent of Democrats want Coleman to quit, but 77 percent of Republicans want him to keep fighting. About 53 percent of people who didn't affiliate with a party think Coleman should concede.
- Who do Minnesotans think will ultimately win the Senate race? About 63 percent of voters think it will be Franken, 16 percent say Coleman will win. And 21 percent still don't know. In a Rasmussen poll from March, 47 percent of voters thought Franken would win. In December, 67 percent said Coleman would win.
- If the state Supreme Court rules in favor of Franken, 67 percent of voters think Pawlenty should sign the election certificate to seat him. About 25 percent think he shouldn't.
- Are people still listening to the news? Apparently they are. Rasmussen says 92 percent of those polled have followed recent news of the ongoing fight at least somewhat closely and 47 percent say they are watching coverage very closely. Just 1 percent said they aren't following the news at all.
Read more about the poll here.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Richfield cop shoves, hits Somali teen [video]
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Buy your family season tickets at the new Vikings Stadium for a mere $17,000
- Landon Steele's anti-hipster, anti-Black Lives Matter rant goes viral