Former Minneapolis cop Carson charged in five more robberies
The charges are piling up for Timothy Carson, a former Marine and Minneapolis police officer already suspected in an Apple Valley Bank robbery.
On Tuesday he was charged in Hennepin County with five counts of aggravated robbery. Here are the places and people police say he robbed, with the amount of cash taken:
- Dec. 15, Hiawatha Cleaners, 4500 34th Ave. S. - $47
- Dec. 31, a woman waiting for a bus on 28th Avenue S. - $300
- Jan. 3: SuperAmerica, 4320 E. Lake St. - unknown amount
- Jan. 3: SuperAmerica, 6000 Portland Ave. S - unknown amount
- Jan. 4: Sovereign Grounds, 813 E. 48th St. - $65
The 28-year-old Rosemount man brought shock and dismay to Minneapolis police when he was arrested earlier this month in connection with an with an armed robbery at a Wells Fargo bank in Apple Valley -- and some of the clothes he allegedly wore during the heist were later found in a Minneapolis Police Department trash can.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.