Family resource center--a center for the community
Children's Hospitals and Clinics recently announced their new Family Resource Center--a center for the community both outside and inside the hospital. The Family Resource Center, made possible in part by a $100,000 grant from the Cargill company, offers a variety of health and parenting information. Parents can:
* Rent a car seat for a nominal fee. The staff of the Family Resource Center also shows each buyer how to properly use a car seat--eighty percent of Americans don't use car seats properly, and seventy percent of injuries and deaths could be prevented by proper use.
* Buy a $49-value multi-sport helmet for $12. The staff will fit each helmet--which should be worn while biking, rollerblading and other sports--and demonstrate proper use.
* Call the "Parent WARMline" with any question. Extensively trained volunteers, all of whom are child or health professionals, are available for consultations and advice within twenty-four hours after a phone call is first placed. Find out about support groups and classes on over 100 different topics.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Minnesota Reps. Tim Kelly, Tara Mack ticketed for "making out" in a car
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
- Lake Calhoun gets guerrilla-style name change
- John Kline once again fights against workers' rights