ESPN Magazine calls Target Field the best stadium in North America
The Twins fancy new ballpark gets some ESPN love
Screen grab via ESPN The Magazine
We know the food's great. We know it's growing a soul. It's a hit with wildlife. And now we know that the Twins' fancy new Target Field is the best stadium in the country -- not just for baseball, or football, or basketball, or tiddlywinks, but any stadium in any sport -- at least according to ESPN: The Magazine. The Wild's home ice at the Xcel Energy Center came in at No. 3.
Their Top 10 teams ranked by Stadium Experience:
1. Minnesota Twins 2. Green Bay Packers 3. Minnesota Wild 4. Seattle Mariners 5. Philadelphia Phillies 6. Milwaukee Brewers 7. San Francisco Giants 8. Indianapolis Colts 9. Pittsburgh Pirates 10. St. Louis Cardinals
Besides stadium experience, teams were also ranked based on:
- Bang For The Buck (BNG): Wins during the past three years (regular season plus postseason) per revenues directly from fans, adjusted for league schedules.
- Fan Relations (FRL): Openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.
- Ownership (OWN): Honesty and loyalty to core players and local community.
- Affordability (AFF): Price of tickets, parking and concessions.
- Players (PLA): Effort on the field and likability off it.
- Coaching (CCH): Strength of on-field leadership.
- Title Track (TTR): Championships already won or expected in the lifetime of current fans.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter