Ed Rollins ran Ronald Reagan's 1984 presidential campaign, and now he's going to run Michele Bachmann's.
She's a serious person of substance, he insisted on Fox News this morning, and "I think to a certain extent she's articulate" too. [We're with you, Ed: shitbachmannsays.com]
And, ignoring Reagan's 11th Commandment about not speaking ill of other Republicans, Rollins is going right for Sarah Palin's throat.[jump]
"Sarah has not been serious over the last couple of years," Rollins told the Daily Caller. "She got the vice-presidential thing handed to her. She didn't go to work in the sense of trying to gain more substance. She gave up her governorship. You know, I think Michele Bachmann and others have worked hard."
Rightbloggers like Michelle Malkin are dismayed. Where's the sisterhood!
I hate to see Bachmann and Palin camps going at each other. Hate it.
Say what you will about Bachmann's politics (and the idea that she's articulate): She wins elections. And it's hard to imagine that she wasn't aware of Rollins' track record of disparaging Mama Grizzly.
Watch him take a whack at Palin after she quit her post as Alaska's governor:
And see him scoff at the idea that Palin has any right to claim Regan's mantle:
Mama Grizzly's a lightweight quitter and a Reagan poseur? Looks like Bachmann's hired herself a hit man.
- Bachmann, Pawlenty lose badly to Obama in latest poll
- Michele Bachmann's no Ronald Reagan, Wall Street Journal says
- Bachmann vs. Palin is NOT a cat fight
- Team Pawlenty hammers "pain in the ass" Bachmann, Part 2
- Pawlenty and Bachmann not worthy of any office, most Minnesotans tell pollster
- Michele Bachmann says God's calling her to run. Republicans? Not so much
- Michele Bachmann prays for Bradlee Dean's homophobic ministry [AUDIO]
- Team Pawlenty fires shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann