Ed Rollins, Bachmann's campaign chief: Sarah Palin's a lightweight quitter
Ed Rollins ran Ronald Reagan's 1984 presidential campaign, and now he's going to run Michele Bachmann's.
She's a serious person of substance, he insisted on Fox News this morning, and "I think to a certain extent she's articulate" too. [We're with you, Ed: shitbachmannsays.com]
And, ignoring Reagan's 11th Commandment about not speaking ill of other Republicans, Rollins is going right for Sarah Palin's throat.
"Sarah has not been serious over the last couple of years," Rollins told the Daily Caller. "She got the vice-presidential thing handed to her. She didn't go to work in the sense of trying to gain more substance. She gave up her governorship. You know, I think Michele Bachmann and others have worked hard."
Rightbloggers like Michelle Malkin are dismayed. Where's the sisterhood!
I hate to see Bachmann and Palin camps going at each other. Hate it.
Say what you will about Bachmann's politics (and the idea that she's articulate): She wins elections. And it's hard to imagine that she wasn't aware of Rollins' track record of disparaging Mama Grizzly.
Watch him take a whack at Palin after she quit her post as Alaska's governor:
And see him scoff at the idea that Palin has any right to claim Regan's mantle:
Mama Grizzly's a lightweight quitter and a Reagan poseur? Looks like Bachmann's hired herself a hit man.
- Bachmann, Pawlenty lose badly to Obama in latest poll
- Michele Bachmann's no Ronald Reagan, Wall Street Journal says
- Bachmann vs. Palin is NOT a cat fight
- Team Pawlenty hammers "pain in the ass" Bachmann, Part 2
- Pawlenty and Bachmann not worthy of any office, most Minnesotans tell pollster
- Michele Bachmann says God's calling her to run. Republicans? Not so much
- Michele Bachmann prays for Bradlee Dean's homophobic ministry [AUDIO]
- Team Pawlenty fires shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Steven Timm charged with animal cruelty for harassing, drowning deer
- Cataclysmic boredom propels Stewart Mills into 2016 congressional race
- Man goes to meet prostitute with a trunk full of plastic and a giant empty suitcase