E-cig charger explodes, burning hole in Minnesota author's car [PHOTO]
Inhaling E-cigs might not be bad for you, but simply having one charging in your car can be dangerous.
Consider the case of local Christian author Jerry Lindberg, who shared the above photo of the inside of his car after his e-cig charger exploded.
Lindberg isn't the first e-cig user to experience a meltdown of that sort. According to a Consumerist report from October, there have been many such instances throughout the country recently, including one in Florida where a man suffered facial burns after an e-cig exploded in his mouth. Yikes!
Consumerist reports that e-cig charger explosions occur because certain models don't stop charging even after the battery is full. That's pretty scary, but then again, so is the possibility of dropping an old-school cigarette while it's lit.
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at email@example.com.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Sketchy Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill empire crumbles
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Anti-abortion investigators' shocking revelation: U does research
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: 'I can't believe Shitty Pages...'