Duluth floods: Top 10 jaw-dropping images [PHOTOS]
Today, it's hard to tell where Lake Superior ends and land begins.
Picture taken by Edgewater Resort and Waterpark
The Duluth area is in the midst of the worst flash-flood to hit the North Shore in at least 40 years. In fact, it may be the worst flash-flood the area has ever seen.
Thanks to photo sharing made possible by social media, those of us in the Twin Cities and elsewhere have been able to watch as unbelievable images of AWOL seals, cratered roads, and water-swept houses have been posted throughout the day.
Below the jump we rank 10 of the most jaw-dropping scenes created by a natural disaster that has so thoroughly damaged the area's infrastructure, it'll take "weeks if not months to fully understand the extent of the damage," Duluth Mayor Don Ness said.
10. 'At 8th and Skyline... this is unreal' -- Allie Delury
9. (photo from Edgewater Resort and Waterpark)
6. Things are bad in Superior, Wisconsin, too (photo from Terri D Harings)
5. (photo from Seth Kaplan)
4. (photo from Minnesota Brown)
3. (photo from Rachel Agurkis)
2. (photo from Tyler Verry)
1. (photo of Cody Street, Duluth, from Rachel Agurkis)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes