Diablo Cody's Top 10 Movie Badasses
Diablo Cody is tough, edgy and damnit, she's a real badass. That is no doubt the reason MTVdecided to let her create a Top 10 list
of her favorite movie badasses. Who would know better than a writer of asuper cute quirky movie about teen pregnancy
We love to spoil things, so here is her Top 3:
3. Randy "The Ram" Robinson in "The Wrestler" (Mickey Rourke): OK, so he's a tragic badass with a bum ticker. But there aren't many guys who'd take a staple gun to the face just for the chance to relive past glory.
2. Steve Wiebe from "King of Kong": Steve is the only real-life badass on my list. In Seth Gordon's insane documentary, Steve -- the Donkey Kong World Champion -- faces down a motley crew of arcade villains to claim his rightful title. Plus, he's a teacher!
1. Sarah Connor in "Terminator 2" (Linda Hamilton): Easy, I know, but this character destroyed the stereotype of women in action movies. The scene where Sarah busts out of the mental hospital, only to encounter the Terminator, is a tour de force.
Read her full list of 10 at MTV.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Slowly, Lake Calhoun is losing its weird tribute to Mr. Slavery
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
- Kitty Westin wants to save parents from having to bury a child
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner says toy hamster stole her name and her looks