DeCarl Antonio Starr is latest Minneapolis homicide
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said on Wednesday that DeCarl Antonio Starr, 18, of St. Paul was the man shot to death Tuesday night in north Minneapolis.
Minneapolis police from the Fourth Precinct were dispatched to the shooting in the 1500 block of Newton Ave N. at about 10:20 p.m. on Tuesday. But when they got there, there was no victim.
At about the same time that they got to the scene, Starr was dropped off at North Memorial Medical Center with a gunshot wound ti the chest. He died at the hospital.
Investigators determined that the victim who was dropped off at NMMC was the man from the 1500 Newton Ave N scene.
There are no suspects in custody at this time and investigators with the Minneapolis Police Department Homicide Unit are following leads.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Minneapolis Police Department tip line at 612-692-tips (8477).
The last homicide in the city happened April 28, during Trace Maxwell's triple homicide rampage.
Minneapolis homicide victims to date for 2010:
- April 28: Amy Terborg, 28
- April 8: Tony Gale, 37
- April 2: Pauline Nash, 42
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.