Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
Sterger and Favre
Deadspin may be ready to publish with what it claims to be photo text messages of Brett Favre's penis, sent to New York Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger.
Yes, the infamous Crocs-shot story has returned. We heard rumors about it in August:
A picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating -- while wearing a pair of Crocs.
Jenn Sterger in her Jets days.
The pictures were never published, prompting howls from media critics. But is all that is about to change?
Deadspin says it's ready to show the world what it says Sterger saw on her cell phone: "We have MySpace messages, voicemails, and -- yes -- those photos, all apparently sent by Favre to Sterger."
The Village Voice reports that Deadspin editor A.J. Daulerio contacted Sterger to warn her that he would be publishing on Thursday everything a third party had given him.
According to Deadspin, Favre and Sterger linked up with the help of an intermediary. The pair set up a phony MySpace account, traded voicemails and the pictures.
"It was from this number that Sterger later received the two voicemails and the three cock photos that we'll have for you tomorrow," Deadspin editor Daulerio writes. (Sterger hasn't returned his phone calls.)
The potential scandal is perfectly timed as sorts writers are buzzing about Randy Moss returning to the 1-2 Vikings in time for a showdown with the Jets Monday night. And Favre sandwiched a miserable year with the Jets in between his years with the Packers and now the Vikings.
So who is Sterger? She first brought football fans to attention when ABC's Brent Musberger spotted her in the crowd at a 2005 Florida State-Miami football game.
"15,000 red-blooded American men just signed up to go to Florida State next year," he deadpanned as the camera lingered on her. Maxim and Playboy soon came calling. So did TV producers, Sports Illustrated, and the Jets.
The Favre File:
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin defends Brett Favre naked in crocs story
- Gawker's Nick Denton claims moral high ground on Brett Favre penis post
- Slideshow: Naked in Crocs, A Favre Fantasy
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- NFL checks out Brett Favre's penis
- Masseuse claims Brett Favre sexual harassment
- Favre admits his reputation's at stake
- Favre sexting on Monday Night Football
- Favre sexting story eclipses 500th TD pass
- Brett Favre's still bad to the bone for Wrangler
- Favre's penis can't catch a break (Video)
- Stephen Colbert on Brett Favre's jock (Video)
- Gregory Favre disavows cousin Brett's predicament
- Favre's little quarterback stars in animated movie (Video)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.