David Letterman shares his "top 10 least successful Minnesota businesses"
Last night, via video and reportedly at the behest of Al Franken, David Letterman appeared at the Minnesota Business Partnership dinner and offered his top 10 list of the "least successful Minnesota businesses."
Somehow, it didn't include Primebar. But Letterman's list did include some funny ones, such as "Whore-mel" and "Prince's Awkwardly Shaped Guitar Center."
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any footage of Letterman's appearance for us to embed (though rest assured we'll add it later if it makes its way to the internet). But the Star Tribune detailed Letterman's top 10 in a blog post. Here it is:
9. Ventura's Secret
6. The law firm of Olson, Carlson, Gustafson, Jensen, Peterson, Petersen, Pederson and Schwartz.
5. Strip Mall of America
4. Buffalo Mild-Mannered Wings
3. Second Best Buy
2. Prince's Awkwardly Shaped Guitar Center
1. (Minnesota Business Partnership executive director) Charlie Weaver's House of Toast
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes