Christian Ponder has a baby: Top comments
Christian, Sam, and baby Bowden.
What, you didn't think people were just going to congratulate the happy couple, did you?
In response to our post about Christian and Sam Ponder introducing their baby girl to the world, some of our readers broke out their best tried-and-true jokes about the embattled Vikings quarterback, who, two years after being viewed as the organization's quarterback of the future, heads into this season as the likely third-stringer.
Here's the top comments we saw.
5. Some hated on the haters:
4. While others pointed out the disappointing 2013 campaign that cost Christian his starting job wasn't entirely for naught:
3. On the bright side, little Bowden might be able to spend lots of time with her dad:
2. We're no scientists, but thankfully for Bowden, we don't think accuracy is a genetic trait:
1. But if she does elect to play football, let's hope her stats turn out better than her dad's have during his Vikings tenure:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes