Christi Rowan, Denny Hecker's wife, sentenced in fraud
Christi Rowan is going to prison.
Hennepin County Judge Joan Ericksen sentenced Denny Hecker's wife today to 14 months behind bars and ordered her to pay a $36,000 fine, for her role in Hecker's fraudulent business and bankruptcy dealings.
"It's mindboggling that somebody would take money that was in the custody of the court and the FBI," Ericksen said. "It does kind of take your breath away."
Hecker has already started serving a 10 year sentence. The two got married via phone a few weeks ago.
Ericksen showed a little mercy on Rowan by allowing her to visit with her two children before she starts her sentence. Once Rowan's out in a little more than a year, she'll have to stay out of trouble for another five years while on supervised release.
More on Denny Hecker:
- Denny Hecker indicted in scheme to defraud lenders
- Denny Hecker faces 18 new federal counts in alleged conspiracy and fraud
- Denny Hecker stole from his kids to pay for mansion during bankruptcy
- Denny Hecker's Caddy golf cart goes on the block
- Denny Hecker bought his own Harley Davidson at bankruptcy auction
- Denny Hecker's watches fetch $294,500 at auction
- Denny Hecker's drug problem won't help his prison problem
- Denny Hecker sentenced
- Denny Hecker, behind bars, is a workout-addicted vegetarian
- Christi Rowan, Denny Hecker's girlfriend, jailed for illegal $9,000 withdrawal
- Denny Hecker phones in wedding vows to Christi Rowan
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes