Charles Barkley says Brett Favre "handled himself perfectly"
We know that Charles Barkley doesn't think he's role model. He's blown millions of dollars gambling, after all. He's a convicted drunk driver. He's spat at fans.
So the NBA Hall of Famer is just the guy you want riding to Brett Favre's rescue. Those Deadspin monkey-spanking pictures? Favre has "handled himself perfectly."
Is there a Hall of Fame for Freudian slips?
He made the quip during an interview with USA Today in which he unloaded on media coverage of the Viking gunslinger's alleged sexting episode with Jenn Sterger. And there's more:
"Listen, if Brett Favre sent that woman pictures, it ain't up to me to decide whether that's right or wrong. But it's not a news story. He didn't break any laws. That's between him, the girl and his wife. He's got to answer that," Barkley told USA Today. "It would be totally different if she wanted to file sexual harassment charges against him. But she is not saying anything. The media's trying like hell to make it a story."
Citizens of Nevada, you read that right. The man who dreams of being your governor one day totally down with sexting lewd photos. Just don't get busted and everything's good.
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin defends Brett Favre naked in crocs story
- Gawker's Nick Denton claims moral high ground on Brett Favre penis post
- Slideshow: Naked in Crocs, A Favre Fantasy
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- NFL checks out Brett Favre's penis
- Masseuse claims Brett Favre sexual harassment
- Favre admits his reputation's at stake
- Favre sexting on Monday Night Football
- Favre sexting story eclipses 500th TD pass
- Brett Favre's still bad to the bone for Wrangler
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.