The Central Corridor light rail project forges ahead. Starting tomorrow, that means headaches for car commuters on I-35 downtown.
Starting Wednesday, the Fourth Street ramp near the Metrodome to southbound I-35W will close until July. The alternate route is the entrance ramp from eastbound Washington Avenue to southbound I-35W.[jump]
Then, on April 4, the ramp from northbound I-35W to the Washington Avenue East Bank exit will close until the end of November next year. You've been warned. Plan accordingly. And check out other links to other construction details below the map.
- Central Corridor work begins, along with traffic jams
- Washington Avenue Bridge lane closures begin for light rail construction
- Twin Cities ranked 5th best in America for public transportation
- Central Corridor light rail: 60-day congressional review begins
- Union Depot's $243 million makeover for trains and buses begins