Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin [UPDATE]
Update: Favre dodges questions about the photos. More after the jump.
Deadspin said they had the Brett Favre penis pictures, and today they offered evidence, posting images said to have been sent by the gridiron gunslinger to former Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger.
They don't leave much to the imagination. They also don't include Crocs. Deadspin says the footwear visible in the shots is more likely to be a slipper.
And despite hyping the story since August, Deadspin also decided at the last minute to hedge its bets. It placed the money shots inside a video -- they appear at the very end -- and preface them with a question:
You've been warned.
Update: Favre was asked about the photos at today's press conference with Randy Moss, and he ducked.
Near the end of the 12-minute question and answer session posted on the Vikings website, a reporter asked: "There's an e-mail report today that accuses you of sending some inappropriate text messages to a female employee of the Jets during your year there. Would you care to respond to those allegations?"
Favre took a swig of water and said, "No, I'm not getting into that. I've got my hands full with the Jets, and trying to get some timing down with our guys. So that's all I'm going to discuss."
"I've got my hands full with the Jets," he said.
Brett Favre penis picture No. 1
Brett Favre penis picture No. 2.
Brett Favre penis picture No. 3.
According to Deadspin, Favre and Sterger linked up when they both wore Jets green in 2008, setting up a phony MySpace account to trade phone numbers and messages. It was from this number that Sterger later received "the two voicemails and the three cock photos that we'll have for you tomorrow."
Deadspin heads off critics of its expose this way:
And, yes, there's a possibility that the person communicating with Jenn was not actually Brett Favre, but rather someone trying very hard to appear to be him. But let's look at the evidence: For an individual to put forth the effort to 1.) acquire a cellphone with a Mississippi area code; 2.) take some voice lessons; and 3.) implicate Jets handlers and perhaps other people, all within a very short period of time and for no discernible reason other than to mess with Sterger, well, that's some very aggressive role-playing. Jenn believed it to be him. Others believed it to be him. We've seen far too many supposedly family-oriented and upstanding professional athletes whose off-field behavior contradicts their well-manicured public persona. If Sterger is right, Brett Favre really is like a kid out there.
The scandal is perfectly timed as sports writers are buzzing about Randy Moss returning to the 1-2 Vikings in time for a showdown with the Jets Monday night.
The Vikings published the first photos of Moss and Favre working out today:
Care to imagine the conversation?
The Favre File:
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin defends Brett Favre naked in crocs story
- Gawker's Nick Denton claims moral high ground on Brett Favre penis post
- Slideshow: Naked in Crocs, A Favre Fantasy
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- NFL checks out Brett Favre's penis
- Masseuse claims Brett Favre sexual harassment
- Favre admits his reputation's at stake
- Favre sexting on Monday Night Football
- Favre sexting story eclipses 500th TD pass
- Brett Favre's still bad to the bone for Wrangler
- Favre's penis can't catch a break (Video)
- Stephen Colbert on Brett Favre's jock (Video)
- Gregory Favre disavows cousin Brett's predicament
- Favre's little quarterback stars in animated movie (Video)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes