Brett Favre: "Back in"
Jay Glazer says Brett Favre's coming back
Image via vikings.com
Brett Favre is "back in" as a Minnesota Viking for the 2010-11 season according to Jay Glazer, who covers the NFL for Fox Sports. He posted confirmation of Favre's intentions on Twitter, after another day of speculation kicked off by the absence of three Vikes at training camp who were dispatched to Favre's home in Mississippi.
Glazer would seem to have a legit inside line. His bio on the NFL site reminds us that he was named Sports Illustrated's Media Person of the Year in 2007. And:
He is known for breaking stories, strong opinions and relationships with players, coaches, executives and others associated with the NFL.
All anyone knows right now for sure is that Favre's back in Minnesota. His private jet landed at Flying Cloud airport. He, his wife and maybe the troika of players that went to fetch him, drove to training camp at Winter Park. And that's that. No "official" news until tomorrow.
Image via Twitter
Check back for updates. Meantime, here's some of what we've written about Favre this past year.
- Jean Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Paul Allen on Jeff Dubay, Brett Favre, the Vikings
- Favre cheesed at manager's "drama queen" quote
- Possum-killer Brett Favre profiled by Men's Journal
- ESPY wasn't for "Best Dodged Career Decision"
- Brett Favre: Best Vikings Player of the Year
- Brett Favre, Artist of the Year
- Fans buy billboard in Favre's hometown
- Jay Leno learns Favre's a Hannah Montana fan
- Brett Favre: Grandpa
- Post-game injuries revealed in graphic photos
- Vikings New Orleans loss: Little time for lament
- Worst Favre Sears commercial appearance ever?
- So happy he wants his "pants on the ground"
- The full City Pages archive on Brett Favre
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Steven Timm charged with animal cruelty for harassing, drowning deer
- Cataclysmic boredom propels Stewart Mills into 2016 congressional race
- Man goes to meet prostitute with a trunk full of plastic and a giant empty suitcase