Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
A blizzard's just another excuse to play in the snow.
Congratulations. You survived Snowmageddon. We've listed the Top 20 snowfall totals for the Twin Cities area below.
Now you need to shovel out the car and pay attention to the Snow Emergency parking rules (we're on Day 2). Stay warm.
Note that the National Weather Service says heavy winds caused a lot of drifting. "Observations were highly variable," NWS says. "A great deal of estimating" went into the report. Almost 2 feet fell in some places (figures are in inches).
- SHAKOPEE: 21.50
- OAKDALE: 20.00
- RED WING: 18.10
- LAKEVILLE: 17.40
- MINNEAPOLIS 17.20
- MAPLEWOOD 17.00
- SAVAGE: 16.50
- HASTINGS: 16.30
- BLOOMINGTON: 16.10
- CHANHASSEN: 15.50]
- EDINA: 15.50
- ST LOUIS PARK: 15.20
- ST PAUL: 15.20
- WOODBURY: 15.20
- DELANO: 15.00
- WHITE BEAR LAKE: 14.50
- WYOMING: 14.00
- EAU CLAIRE: 14.00
- PRIOR LAKE: 14.00
- CHASKA: 13.50
- Metrodome collapse forces Vikings and Giants to Detroit
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Blizzard Biffy: Photo of the Day
- Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
- Blizzard socks the Twin Cities: Photos and video
- Twin Cities Blizzard 12/11/10: Your pictures
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Friendship comes at a price for the new Seward co-op
- Lake Elmo's beautiful greensward threatened by disuse and developers
- U of M student Rahsaan Mahadeo awarded, then arrested for his activism