More fallout from Saturday's blizzard: Minneapolis Public schools alerted parents early Monday morning that all district schools will be closed for the day on Monday.
Besides epic amounts of snow making driving a challenge in many neighborhoods, the district also cited today's forecast of severely cold temperatures for the move. St. Paul made the call to cancel classes last night.[jump]
Don't want those little kids turning to popsicles at the bus stop.
This is undoubtedly happy news to every kid in the public schools -- except maybe the ones who will now be forced into snow-shoveling details. It's a safe bet that thousands of working moms and dads are now scrambling to figure out how to handle the last-minute schedule change.
Along with classes, all related MPS activities are affected, including sports.
- Metrodome collapse forces Vikings and Giants to Detroit
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Blizzard Biffy: Photo of the Day
- Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
- Blizzard socks the Twin Cities: Photos and video
- Twin Cities Blizzard 12/11/10: Your pictures