Reader Rhayven Jones responds to Cops: Brent Ahlers shot himself, had cops looking for ‘black male’ suspect:
This was the appropriate response to the situation. The officers recieved a call about an active shooter on a campus. Due to all the mass shootings, the response was typical and appropriate.
Cops respond differently when it comes to threats of a loose shooter on school grounds, versus a random one-off shooter in the neighborhood. Manhunts ensue when it comes to threats to schools. Not so much effort is put into other types of possible threats, particularly in black neighborhoods.
What I am saying is that a ton of man power was wasted on a fictious individual. And that ficitious individual was a black guy.
All too often white people blame black people for crimes they themselves commit. We are the constant scapegoat for white folks' stupidity.
- Dashcam clip of Philando Castile's killing released [VIDEO]
- Charges: Minneapolis cop Ahmed Jama threatened to 'shoot his wife in the head'
- Minneapolis cop responding to home alarm shoots owner's two dogs [VIDEO]
- Minneapolis will 'help with vet care bills' after police dog shooting
- After (another) police shooting, sign warns Twin Cities cops 'easily startled'