Billy Nash charged in 14th Minneapolis homicide for 2010
Billy Nash, 46, of Minneapolis, has been charged with first-degree murder in the the stabbing death of his wife, police said Friday. He's being held at Hennepin County jail.
Police said they found woman early Friday morning after responding to a call to the 2400 block of Penn Avenue North. She was taken to North Memorial Medical Center, where she died. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner has not yet released her name.
This is the second violent death in Minneapolis this week. Kenneth Sims, a 21--year-old from Minneapolis, was found shot dead in the 4200 block of Irving Avenue North on Tuesday night. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said he died of multiple gunshot wounds. There have been no arrests in that case.
Here are the named homicide victims for 2010 to date:
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes