Barely literate Bachmann shopping book, likely to command "generous advance"
Michele Bachmann has never been known as a great wit or wordsmith, but in a move sure to anger starving authors everywhere, she is shopping a book, according to Ben Smith of Politico.
Bachmann ventured to New York to meet with her agent to make arrangements for what is sure to be a thoroughly spell-checked story.
Bachmann will be in New York this week meeting with publishers with her agent, Alex Hoyt, who also represents the Catholic conservative Deal Hudson among other authors. (That makes Bachmann a real political outsider: She, unlike unlike everyone from Sarah Palin to Barack Obama, isn't represented by Bob Barnett.) A rising conservative star with access to the conservative movement's powerful distribution channels, she'd likely command a generous advance.
Not only is Bachmann fame-hungry, but she's also looking to cash in on her high national profile.
The Queen of Stillwater has some new bling!
- Mrs. Potatohead: Michele Bachmann cites Constitution to defend spuds
- Is Michele Bachmann smarter than a high school sophomore?
- Meet Amy Myers, the teen who challenged Michele Bachmann to a debate
- Bachmann named to Time's 'Most Influential' list
- Where Bachmann gets her money
- Michele Bachmann compares taxes to Holocaust
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.