Barack Obama: Who is Tim Pawlenty?
A couple of weeks ago at the Arizona teabagger confab, Tim Pawlenty grabbed a few laughs with a conspiracy theory jab at President Barack Obama.
He wasn't going to "question the existence of the president's birth certificate," T-Paw said. "But when you listen to his policies, don't you at least think, 'What planet is he from?'"
Saturday night at the Gridiron Club, Obama dished back.
"Tim Pawlenty's not here, but he's hit the campaign trail hard," Obama said at the annual press gathering where politicos and newsies lampoon each other.
"And to be honest, I think the American people are going to have some tough questions for Tim," the president said. "Specifically, 'Who are you and where do you come from?' Which is OK. Two years into my presidency, and I'm still getting those questions."
In Obama's case, we know where he's from: The bogus birth certificate rumor was debunked long ago. As for T-Paw, Republicans still aren't sure who he is.
More on Tim Pawlenty
- Tim Pawlenty's ridiculous movie trailers get the Colbert treatment
- Keith Ellison: Tim Pawlenty drank "the Kool-Aid"
- Obama thrashes Pawlenty in NBC-Wall Street Journal poll
- Pawlenty will run for president or get off the pot in two weeks
- Tim Pawlenty Episode III: Revenge of the Tea Party [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty blockbusters: T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more [SLIDESHOW]
- Pawlenty chides Obama for not denouncing Libya violence that Obama already denounced
- Tim Pawlenty is National Review's cover boy
- Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann shellacked in CPAC poll
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.