Bad idea: Teens burn St. Paul home with fireworks
Photo by mandj98
Apparently lighting fireworks on the porch is a bad idea.
Two St. Paul teens learned that lesson early Monday morning when their fireworks display started a fire, burning through their duplex on Roblyn Avenue.
The two teens tried to put out the fire with pans of water before they called 911. Fire crews were able to douse the blaze, and everyone escaped the fire without serious injury.
From the Star Tribune:
The fire left 13 people homeless because "they had a little fun at 1 a.m. in the morning," said Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard. "They didn't do anything criminal but what they did was stupid and careless. The important message here is that just because [fireworks] are legal doesn't mean they are safe."
Kudos to St. Paul firefighters who claim a four-minute average response time to fire calls.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Why we removed a controversial post
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:00pm
Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Mens Hockey vs. University of Nebraska - Omaha Mavericks Mens HockeySat., Oct. 10, 7:07pm
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
- Homeless youth Don Turner chases down thief in downtown Minneapolis
- Mall of America protest case costs Black Lives Matter's Adja Gildersleve an apartment