Michele Bachmann has been soaking up more and more national press attention, but it looks like the more Americans are finding out about her, the less likely they seem to want her anywhere near the White House.
In a new ABC/Washington Post poll, Bachmann and Sarah Palin pull the least support among voters in hypothetical one-on-one match ups against the president. [Surprised? Don't be: shitbachmannsays.com
Tim Pawlenty, also riding a media wave, fares better, but he's still in third, behind Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich.[jump]
But both Minnesotans would be soundly defeated by Obama today. He beats Pawlenty 51-40 percent and Bachmann 52-39 percent.
And compared to this time in 2007, Republicans in general are indicating that they'd be a lot happier if they had better candidates to pick from.
More Pawlenty vs. Bachmann:
- Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann will debate in New Hampshire
- Bachmann says God's calling her to run. Republicans? Not so much
- Pawlenty and Bachmann not worthy of any office, most Minnesotans tell pollster
- Team Pawlenty hammers "pain in the ass" Bachmann, Part 2
- Team Pawlenty fires shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann