Bachmann aide Andy Parrish moves to Bachmann for President post
Andy Parrish is one Michele Bachmann staffer who isn't jumping ship because his captain is crazy: ABC is reporting that he's leaving his position as her congressional chief of staff in order to take a position with Bachmann for President.
That would be the Bachmann for President organization that isn't official yet, because America's Craziest Congresswoman hasn't formally declared her candidacy for the White House.
In the meantime, God's anointed her, and she's hired Haley Barbour's pollster.
Maybe the pollster, Ed Goeas, can do something about the fact that while Bachmann's getting plenty of press, she's trailing in the polls. Badly.
Parrish played a key role in Bachmann's 2006 congressional election victory over DFLer Patty Wetterling, and worked with Bachmann until 2008 when he took a position with AARP Minnesota. He rejoined Bachmann's staff in 2010 after Ron Carey, her third chief of staff, bailed out.
- Michele Bachmann says God's calling her to run. Republicans? Not so much
- Bill Pulkrabek, Michele Bachmann's former campaign manager, faces domestic assault charge for Memorial Day strangulation
- Dan Rather thinks Michele Bachmann is "very articulate" [VIDEO]
- Michele Bachmann prays for Bradlee Dean's homophobic ministry [AUDIO
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Sketchy Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill empire crumbles
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Anti-abortion investigators' shocking revelation: U does research
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: 'I can't believe Shitty Pages...'