It was a bloody weekend in Minneapolis, with two drive-by shootings resulting in two deaths, one early Saturday, one early Sunday.
In the most recent shooting, just after 3:30 a.m. Sunday, Minneapolis cops found 16-year-old Andrew James Battees laying in a front yard of a home on the 2600 block of 18th Avenue South, with a gunshot wound to the head. He was taken to HCMC where he later died.
We already told you about the first shooting: Phelandis Depure Jackson, 29, of Minneapolis, and a teenager were shot from a passing vehicle while standing outside the Red Dragon on Lyndale Avenue in Lowry Hill East at about 2 a.m. Saturday. Both were rushed to Hennepin County Medical Center, where Jackson later died.
MPD spokesman Sgt. Bill Palmer says no one has been arrested in either of the shootings, and there's no information yet on whether the shootings were related.
Jackson's death was the 23rd homicide in the city this year. Battees' death was the 24th.
Here's the location of the Jackson shooting:
Here's the location of of the Battees shooting:
Here are the other homicides this year in Minneapolis:
- June 10: Matthew Deon Johnson, 22
- May 29: Cedric Hunter Jr., 18
- May 24: Derrick Gregory Martin, 20
- May 21: Anton Warren, 31
- May 21: Romaze Stevens, 30
- May 4: DeCarl Antonio Starr, 18
- April 28: Amy Terborg, 28
- April 8: Tony Gale, 37
- April 2: Pauline Nash, 42
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31