Amy Senser trial will happen in Hennepin County
Amy Senser's trial will not be moving to Kandiyohi County.
Hennepin County Judge Daniel H. Mabley denied Senser's request to have her trial moved from Minneapolis to Kandiyohi County.
Senser stands charged with criminal vehicular homicide for running True Thai chef Anousone Phanthavong over off the Riverside exit of I-94 last August.
Phanthavong was filling his stalled car with gas when she ran him down.
Senser has admitted to running Anousone Phanthavong over but denies knowing she hit him. Her attorney Eric Nelson wanted to move the trial to the country due to the intense media coverage the case has sparked.
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman's office opposed Nelson's motion in a filing yesterday pointing out that many Internet comments on Senser stories came from out of town.
Although the judge ruled in the prosecution's favor, he did not explain his decision but wrote that he would explain it before Senser's trial, scheduled to begin April 23.
Amy Senser should stand trial in Hennepin County, prosecutors argue
- Andrew Zimmern tweets in support of Chef Phanthavong, Amy Senser's victim
- Amy Senser will stand trial for criminal vehicular homicide
- Joe Senser called rehab center after Amy's hit-and-run
- Amy Senser charged with with felony criminal vehicular homicide
- Amy Senser, Joe Senser's wife, sued for fatal hit-and-run
- Amy Senser, Joe Senser's wife, was driving SUV at the time of deadly hit-and-run
- Joe Senser's bloody car seized in deadly hit and run
- Anna Prasomphol speaks out about local media coverage of Amy Senser hit-and-run
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Why we (blacks) are our own worst enemy
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Republicans want China to reduce emissions before Minnesota does
- Sketchy Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill empire crumbles