Al Franken's comedy partner reveals scandalous new information
Al Franken was once part of a mediocre comedy team called Franken and Davis. Recently Franken's onetime partner, Tom Davis, came out with a tell-some book, Thirty-Nine Years of Short-Term Memory Loss, that describes their early years in comedy clubs, their stint as staff writers for Saturday Night Live, and the reasons behind their breakup. Now that Franken is about to potentially be Minnesota's next possible senator, maybe, we scoured the book looking for salacious details that could become political issues. But apparently, even in the heady, drug-infested '70s and '80s, Franken was a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.
Here are the five worst things we learned about our likely new senator:
- He once smoked dope with Robin Williams at Lake of the Isles
- He had a job at Sears in which he dressed up as Winnie the Pooh
- He and Davis once wrote a comedy skit about the Nazi death camp at Dachau
- He attended a voodoo ceremony in Haiti
- On a beach in Jamaica, he spent an hour teaching a beautiful woman to throw a Frisbee before realizing she was a hooker
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.