5 signs this is the Worst Winter Ever in Minnesota
No, it's not just you: This is the Worst Winter Ever in Minnesota.
Although it's something we all feel as soon as we walk outside, quantifying why this is the Worst Winter Ever isn't as straight forward.
Is it the snow? Is it the many days when the temperature never got above zero? Is it the sheer number of potholes?
It's all of those things. Here are the five signs this is the Worst Winter Ever in Minnesota.
5. It was all Obama could talk about when he visited St. Paul:
-- Sara Pelissero (@sarapelissero) February 26, 2014
4. The guy who exposed Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky didn't even need a link to verify what is already self-evident:
Worst Winter In Decades For Minnesota...
-- DRUDGE REPORT (@DRUDGE_REPORT) February 28, 2014
3. Both Minneapolis and St. Paul have banned parking on the even-numbered side of the street.
2. This chart shows this is the worst winter since 1978 (and we don't count those fake numbers from the 1800s before real thermometers were invented):
-- Sven Sundgaard (@svensundgaard) February 23, 2014
1. The Misery Index confirms this is the most miserable winter in 30 years:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- UnitedHealth is getting even richer on Obamacare
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- The Top 10 T-shirts of the Minnesota State Fair
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: With new & improved fecal insults!