2C-E: Trevor Robinson, 19 and a father, died in mass overdose
Trevor Robinson, 19 years old and the father of a 5-month-old baby from Coon Rapids, went to hang out with friends at a house on Monroe Street in Blaine Wednesday night.
By Thursday afternoon, Robinson was dead, one of 11 people to have overdosed on the synthetic and legal hallucinogen 2C-E.
They were apparently either chopping the drug up and snorting it, or dissolving it in drinks that night, likely without knowing how much to ingest, according to police who were called to the home early yesterday morning. Some scattered when police showed up, and had to be tracked down and taken for medical care.
Robinson had been seen banging his head against a wall after taking the drug, and he was later dropped off and left alone in the parking lot of Unity Hospital, a friend of his told WCCO.
During the night, friends learned through texts and phone calls that Robinson had been hospitalized. He was taken off life support on Thursday afternoon, as news of the mass overdose began seeping out.
Robinson's Facebook page indicates he was a Blaine High School graduate, and enrolled at Anoka-Ramsey Community College.
The victims are between the ages of 16 and 21, and at least two are in high school. Two victims remain in critical condition. Authorities are withholding their names.
Anoka County Sheriff Cmdr. Paul Sommer told us the ability to legally purchase designer drugs like 2C-E is becoming more of a problem.
"We're told that amongst teens, these kind of substances are thought to be somewhat safe because they're seemingly legal," he said. "They're far from safe."
Continuing Coverage of 2C-E
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes