What's Your iTunes Smart Playlist?
If you have Apple's iTunes loaded on your 'puter you've no doubt played around with what the software calls "Smart Playlists". You can use layers of criteria to filter your library of MP3s. Simple Smart Playlists would be "All songs from 1988", or "All songs with Genre 'Metal'", or "All songs that are Track 3". A web site dedicated to Smart Playlists uses a forum to show how others use this wonderful feature.
So I wondered what sort of cool Smart Playlists others had been building? Let us know the criteria for your Smart Playlist and then post a top ten Party Shuffle list that uses your Smart Playlist as the source.
Here's one I came up with:
Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: - Match ANY of the following conditions: - Name contains sex - Name contains drugs - Name contains rock - Name contains roll
- Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine - James Brown - The CD Of JB
- Sheena Is A Punk Rocker [Original ABC Single Version] - The Ramones - Hey! Ho! Let's Go: The Anthology (Disc 1)
- Superfunkycalifragisexy - Prince - The Black Album
- That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day) - Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man
- Red Rocking Chair - Doc And Merle Watson - Watson Country
- Sextape - Har Mar Superstar - Body Request
- Rock Your Socks - Tenacious D - Tenacious D
- Lover's Rock - The Clash - London Calling
- Rock Rock Y'all - A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement
- Harold Of The Rocks - Primus - Frizzle Fry
[Oh, SmartPlaylist.com has a good 'How to Create a Smart Playlist' page if you need help getting started.]
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.