Ten best jokes from our #GIMMEJOKES Twitter thread
So, Gimme Noise and all associated City Pages websites all decided to collectively go on the fritz for a few hours on Tuesday afternoon. And for those folks who weren't out performing some sort of civic duty, this could've been a crushing blow to work-time procrastination as we know it. We scrambled and sent out this tweet: "We are experiencing some technical difficulties on the blog. Anyone know any jokes?" This was a bit of a joke in itself, as this is usually what's said at a party when conversation hits a stand-still.
Impressively, though, the Gimme Noise readers began tweeting out their twisted humor to our delight almost right away. Here are ten of our favorite moments from #GIMMEJOKES 2012.
10. Here's what happens when Gimme Noise starts looking through his iTunes fully intending to make corny Bob Dylan jokes.
What did Bob Dylan say to the shepherd? I want ewe. #GIMMEJOKES-- Reed Fischer (@gimme_noise) November 6, 2012
What song does Bob Dylan play when he's out of frozen pizza? Tombstone Blues #GIMMEJOKES-- Reed Fischer (@gimme_noise) November 6, 2012
9. Thanks to the Current's Andrea Swensson for helping get the ball rolling in the early going.
@gimme_noise What did the mummy say to his two mummy friends who were making out?-- Andrea Swensson (@LocalCurrent) November 6, 2012
I knew this one:
@localcurrent GET A TOMB!-- Reed Fischer (@gimme_noise) November 6, 2012
8. Here's the jovial marathon media artist Mark Mallman ribbing our photographer Erik Hess.
6. Then, things pretty much went into dissing drummers for the afternoon, including a particularly ribald one from the Dream Crusher crew.
See Also: Dream Crusher get interviewed in a limo
5. Dan Israel, you might need to explain this one to us.
4. A couple of trusty Gimme Noise freelancers, Pat O'Brien and Erik Thompson, decided to keep the contributions coming.
@gimme_noise How many Catholic mothers does it take to screw in a lughtbulb? "Oh, don't mind me, I'll just sit here in the dark."-- Pat O'Brien (@brokenhalo) November 6, 2012
@gimme_noise What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt.-- Erik Thompson (@eriktmpls) November 6, 2012
3. We're totally stealing this one from the Minneapolis garage rockers Nallo:
2. Ditto for this gem from Actual Wolf, who just launched a Turf Club residency on Tuesdays.
@gimme_noise Why did the hipster burn the roof of his mouth? He ate his pizza before "it was cool".-- Actual Wolf(@ActualWolf) November 6, 2012
1. Finally, A Prairie Home Companion web producer Ben Miller hits us very close to home FTW.
@gimme_noise Why did the skinny musical group's website crash? They didn't have enough band width.-- Ben Miller (@panchomill) November 6, 2012
Thanks for participating, and keep those jokes coming whenever!
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.