Now Hiring: Gimme Noise is looking for new contributors
Wanted: Smart, funny, musically obsessed writers to help us document and analyze the many facets of Minnesota's music scene.
We are looking to bring a couple of fresh voices into the fold to join our bustling team of Gimme Noise contributors. Here are a few key things we look for in our freelance writing staff:
- Familiarity with the Twin Cities scene (beyond the big names that are already covered by mainstream media outlets or receiving regular airplay) and a passion for investigating new acts and sounds.
- A conversational, accessible writing style that strikes a balance between witty and thought-provoking.
- An ability to listen with open ears and an open mind, and a genuine excitement and hunger for music.
- Willingness to cover genres and styles outside of the oft-tread "indie" realm, especially hip-hop and metal.
- Experience interviewing bands and reviewing music a plus, but not required. We would be willing to give the right person a try if they meet other qualifications.
Interested freelancers should send an introductory note, three writing samples, and a resume to City Pages music editor Andrea Swensson at [email protected]
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.