Wanted: Smart, funny, musically obsessed writers to help us document and analyze the many facets of Minnesota's music scene.
[jump] We are looking to bring a couple of fresh voices into the fold to join our bustling team of Gimme Noise contributors. Here are a few key things we look for in our freelance writing staff:
- Familiarity with the Twin Cities scene (beyond the big names that are already covered by mainstream media outlets or receiving regular airplay) and a passion for investigating new acts and sounds.
- A conversational, accessible writing style that strikes a balance between witty and thought-provoking.
- An ability to listen with open ears and an open mind, and a genuine excitement and hunger for music.
- Willingness to cover genres and styles outside of the oft-tread "indie" realm, especially hip-hop and metal.
- Experience interviewing bands and reviewing music a plus, but not required. We would be willing to give the right person a try if they meet other qualifications.
"Like" Gimme Noise on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @gimme_noise.