1. Have as much fun as possible! This is one of the only all hip-hop festivals left in the U.S., one of the biggest in the world, and it's in Minnesota!
2. Open your mind to new music! If you're a hardcore hip-hop head, give Future a chance! If you only listen to newer hip-hop, check out Common or the Roots! The organizers do an excellent job curating the lineup; try to appreciate all forms of hip-hop!
3. Drink a lot of water! And bring empty bottles.
4. Check out the local acts! This year the local lineup is especially stacked: Finding Novyon, Baby Shel, plus Lexii Alijai — all are poised for greatness! Strong support from local legends like Doomtree, Prof, and Lizzo as well.
5. Move around! In addition to the solid main lineup, Soundset has an open mic, skate park setup (s/o to Familia), production showcase, B-boy/B-girl competition, graffiti showcase, and a car show!
6. Grab one of them schedule booklets! Set alerts in your phone for all the sets you want to see so you won't miss anyone!
7. If your group of friends is being lame, desert them! Make some new friends — everyone is there to have fun. You paid $60, don't let anyone squander your investment.
8. Wear clothes you don't care about! They will most likely be ruined.
9. If you see anyone from Rhymesayers, thank them! None of this would be possible without them! Cities would literally kill other cities to have something like this!
10. Must-see sets! Future, Anderson .Paak, Post Malone, Pouya, Goldlink, DJ Marley Marl, everyone listed above, plus ME!