Cloud Cult seeking new cellist
Talk about a once-in-an-eon job posting: Cloud Cult is spreading the word that they are looking to hire a new cellist to replace Sarah Young, who left the band at the tail end of last year to focus on her family life (her husband, former Cloud Cult manager Adrian Young, has also parted ways with the band at the same time).
The band is looking for a cellist who lives near the Twin Cities and is interested in a "part-time position that will be filled by someone with a bright soul, a thirst for growth, and of course, day-job flexibility."
More info on the position:
If you're interested, please send the following info to [email protected]:
- Cello player who can read music, learn by ear and improvise.
- Day-job flexibility to attend rehearsals and show dates.
- Must love performing music for its deeper spiritual impacts... not for fashion or fame.
- Preference may be given to candidates who can also play other instruments and/or sing harmonies.
- Ability to learn and memorize a lot of pre-written material in a short amount of time.
- We spend A LOT of time with each other in small spaces on the road, so the ideal person is very easy to get along with and carries levity through the challenges of high stress environments.
- If you don't already own it, you must be willing to purchase necessary gear for nationwide and intergalactic touring (hard case for cello, clip-on electric pickup and necessary cables, etc.)
1) Describe your musical background and your live performing experience.
2) Tell us why you want to perform with Cloud Cult.
3) Send links or email us files of audio or video examples of your performance.
Auditions will be held in the Minneapolis area in early March.
Thanks and blessings to you all!
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.