Cause goes sports bar: 10 best comments
BTW, this is NOT the signage that the Iron Door will be using for the old Cause space.
Yesterday, Cause Spirits & Soundbar's fate was revealed. In September, it'll be outfitted with more TVs and craft beers and fewer walls and local music vending machines as it becomes a sports bar called the Iron Door.
This news did not go by without stirring up some commentary from our readers. Over 180 folks left messages ranging in tone from "There goes the neighborhood," to "Shut up, hipsters," to "OMG I h8 sports bars." Here are our 10 favorite comments regarding Cause's sporty future.
10. As we get started, a wink to the folks who thought the "SPORTS" logo designed for the post was actually the logo that the Iron Door is using.
9. This guy is probably kidding. Either way, RIP Uptown Bar
8. Sure, the neighborhood has changed, but this addition would be truly scary.
7. The sarcasm. The sarcasm.
6. Here's a question for the ages:
5. Wait, this is still about Cause, right?
4. Unsympathetic, but still funny.
3. Tell us how you really feel.
2. This has a ring to it.
1. Gimme Noise is a sports fan, but this still rings true.
GIMME NOISE'S GREATEST HITS
53 things you might not know about Prince
73 things you might not know about Bob Dylan
Brother Ali: My fans are kicking the sh*t out of me over Trayvon Martin
Here's why we didn't sign the Foo Fighters photo waiver
Top 20 best Minnesota musicians: The complete list
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.