After spending this past week celebrating the finest in everything our magnificent metro has to offer, it's high time to kick back, drape ourselves in the glamor of old Hollywood, and party down. This year's celebration is at Muse Event Center, and features entertainment courtesy of Rose Room and DJ Jake Rudh.
Best of the Twin Cities 2014: Music categories
Rose Room is an all-star band specializing in golden age jazz and swing's deep cuts. Expect creativity, musicianship, and style from some of the Twin Cities' best players. The Honeydogs' Adam Levy leads the group on guitar and vocals, and is surrounded with talent: Ashleigh Still (Fathom Lane) on vocals, Joe Savage (Prairie Home Companion, Wits) on pedal steel guitar and vocals, Alex Young (the Farewell Circuit) on drums, deVon Gray (Heiruspecs, Brother Ali, Chastity Brown) on piano, Jon Davis (Black Audience) on bass clarinet, and Ben Kelly (John Mark Nelson, Sexy Delicious) on standup bass.
Jake Rudh is the longtime DJ host of Transmission, and looks like he was born to wear a suit.
Party-goers will enjoy complimentary eats from more than 10 Best Of the Twin Cities® award-winning restaurants.
Featured Best Of the Twin Cities® award-winning eateries will include:
• Nightingale - Best Late Night Dining, 2014
• Glam Doll Donuts - Best Doughnuts, 2014
• Parlour - Best Fancy Burger, 2014 (VIP sampling only)
• Butcher & the Boar - Best New Restaurant, 2013
• Masu Sushi & Robata - Best Japanese Restaurant, 2013
• Pizza Lucé - Best Neighborhood Bar Minneapolis, 2013
• St. Croix Chocolate Co. - Best Chocolate, 2013
• Bryant-Lake Bowl - Best Place for a First Date, 2006
• Sea Salt Eatery - Best Seafood Restaurant, 2009 (VIP sampling only)
• Peoples Organic - Best Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurant, 2011 (VIP sampling only)
Tickets On Sale Now:
• VIP: 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., $60
• General Admission: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m., $30/$35 door*
VIP tickets offer additional perks including early event entry at 6 p.m., an hour of open bar with free beer, wine, and liquor, access to the second level, complimentary eats sampled exclusively to VIP attendees, premium seating, private bars for expedited service, and a VIP Swag Bag.
*GA tickets will be sold at the door if they are still available. GA tickets are not guaranteed to be sold at the door.
The official Best Of the Twin Cities After Party will be held at Borough & Parlour located on nearby North Washington Avenue from 10:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m. Stop by lower-level Parlour for a classic craft cocktail or head upstairs to Borough for a craft beer on draft. Looking to indulge in a 2014 Best Of award-winning burger post-bash? Don't worry, the Parlour kitchen is open until midnight.
GIMME NOISE'S GREATEST HITS
53 things you might not know about Prince
Brother Ali: My fans are kicking the sh*t out of me over Trayvon Martin
Foo Fighters photo waiver one of the industry's severest: Here's why we didn't sign
Top 20 best Minnesota musicians: The complete list