5 artists who should have kept their pants on
Ah, the panty shot. The drunk dropping of trou. The first decade of the 2000s offered no shortage of tighty whities and bared buns. We don't complain about the be-nuding, ordinarily. We're leches and creeps here.
But there are some notables from the last 10 years that made us shield our eyes. Head below the jump for our picks of peeps who should have kept their zippers zippered.
Dear sir--send pants at once.
5. Lady Gaga--The matriarch of the unfortunately pantless. She's the Rosemary's Baby of half nudity--there's nothing explicitly horrifying about her, but for some reason you're just uneasy about the whole mess.
4. The Red Hot Chili Peppers--Por favor, senors. Keep the briefs on the buns and the socks on the feet.
3. MIA--She's got oodles of talent, infinite cred, and she's easy on the eyes. Why does she earn the nomination? Because she didn't have to and she did anyway. And now that she's a mother, will she really want this picture popping up on a Google search when MIA Jr. asks how mommy made her millions?
2. Paris Hilton--Alright. Her inclusion stretches the word "artist" beyond its breaking point. And there may be many of you who weren't entirely unhappy to see her in her all together. But the worst part about Paris' infrared sex tape? We're stuck with her now. She's in the lexicon until the day we die, and beyond.
1. Britney Spears--With every slip of the short shorts, with every too-short skirt, Brit-Brit proved everyone wrong. What millions of post-adolescent men thought they had wanted all along turned out to be fools gold. A decade of repressed sexual longing was blown away like so many dandelion spores.
Hit us with your entrants in the comments section. It's been a decidedly pantsless decade, and we've certainly missed some.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.