Details on Open Positions Below
City Pages is seeking a Web Editor.
City Pages is looking for a savvy digital producer to join our editorial team. We're a daily alt-news site that brings readers the latest in news and entertainment from the Twin Cities. The winning candidate combines web production, content creation and social media skills in a high-energy, collaborative package.
This editor is responsible for:
Growing citypages.com audience by curating, posting and promoting content to capitalize on timing, audience patterns and the viral nature of stories.
Managing City Pages' social media accounts.
Monitoring daily, weekly and monthly audience data and recommending adjustments to maintain growth.
Coaching editorial staff on SEO and digital best practices to maximize audience and engagement.
Collaborating with editorial staff to produce digital projects, including Best of the Twin Cities and our annual Restaurant Guide.
Recruiting and managing freelancers for text, video and photography.
A strong background in journalism or other communications field combined with an eagerness to innovate and experiment are paramount. Candidates should have excellent online production skills, a keen understanding of what makes users tick and an appreciation for good storytelling. We're a small team, so the ability to work collaboratively is a must. Must be a strong advocate for change and comfortable working under high deadline pressure. Must be comfortable exploring the capabilities of multiple interactive tool sets and storytelling methods.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Pages is seeking a MARKETING COORDINATOR. Candidates should be self-motivated go-getters with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Marketing Coordinator will assist the Marketing Department with all aspects of marketing and promotional activities, and will be expected to represent City Pages throughout the community in a professional manner. Some weekend/evening work may be required for special projects and events.
Assist with the planning and execution of special events and company parties
Assist with client involvement in promotions and the execution of sponsor agreements
Develop and maintain event timelines
Design and oversee production of event collateral
Develop contests and promotions to be executed at events
Manage online giveaways and other online promotions
Manage client campaigns including ad production, and reporting
Create and distribute PR materials, including press releases
Manage inventory of promotional items
Manage the promotional Street Team’s schedule and promotional efforts
Manage social media sites
Track E-mail list growth
4 year degree
Marketing & Social Media experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience with street team marketing and activation
Excellent written and verbal skills
Attention to detail and strong editing/proofreading skills
Ability to build strong working relationships
Strong organizational skills and follow through
Proactive work ethic
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
Desire to work on large scale event production
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
City Pages is looking for an unpaid intern to join their Marketing & Promotions Department for Fall 2015. This unique opportunity offers students a chance to gain hands-on experience working for a local media company. The internship is offered on a for-credit basis only and must be taken in conjunction with a college course.
- Signature Event Marketing: Collaborate on publicity and marketing efforts for signature events. Email and phone correspondence with vendors and sponsors leading up to the event and onsite support the day of.
- Online Promotions: Manage the Promotions Page on Citypages.com. Update online event listings, Street Team slideshows, featured promotions and handle online contesting weekly.
- Street Team: Work closely with the Marketing Coordinator & Marketing Director on planning and executing brand activation onsite at events. Directly assist and support all efforts of the City Pages Street Team.
- Brand Marketing: Assist the Marketing Coordinator in the creation of innovative marketing and promotions strategies for City Pages products including mobile apps, email newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Social Media Management: Assist the Marketing Coordinator in efforts to engage and grow various social media platforms including Foursquare, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and eligible to receive college credit for the internship.
- Must be able to provide City Pages with a formal credit letter (on college/university letterhead) stating that the student is eligible to received course credit for the internship. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The duration of the internship will reflect the length of the student's semester — our Fall program ideally would run early September - December.
- Number of hours worked and start date are ultimately determined by student's internship advisor/school, but our position typically requires a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Schedule of hours is flexible and mutually agreed upon by supervisor and student (open availability on Mondays and Fridays is preferred).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
City Pages is the Twin Cities go to source for local news, arts, music and entertainment, is seeking an energetic, outgoing individual for a Multimedia Advertising Sales Account Executive position.
The right candidate will be responsible for selling multi-platform advertising solutions including digital advertising, print advertising, event sponsorships and annual glossy publications to an eclectic and exciting group of clients
- Prospecting for a minimum of 25 leads per week
- Making minimum of 150 outbound sales calls and securing and completing a minimum of 10 outside appointments per week
- Building relationships with clients
- Assisting in the marketing plan of each client
- Assisting clients with their ad campaign and involved in the production process
- Informing clients about and assisting with any promotional opportunities
- Keeping in contact with and servicing current clients
Successful applicants should be motivated, smart on their feet, outgoing and personable, competitive and posses a strong work ethic. Successful reps here understand that you get out what you put in to a sales position.
- Sales experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong skill set with developing and building business relationships
- Solid understanding of the online marketing/advertising industry
- History of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- The drive to exceed expectations, out-perform your peers, and thrive in a team environment.
- Dependable Transportation, Valid Drivers License and Insurance
- PC literacy is necessary, including MS Office.
- A fun and exciting work environment
- Unlimited earning potential
- A Career path in sales and management
- Sliding Scale Base salary + commission + bonus
- Sales Training
- Full benefits package
- Paid time off
If you are interested in this position Please send cover letter and resume today!
Email to: email@example.com
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
City Pages is looking for a paid street team member to join their street team beginning immediately. This unique opportunity offers team members the opportunity to work local events and promote the City Pages brand on their behalf. Events include festivals, concerts, grand openings, exhibits & more!
- Market and promote the paper: must promote City Pages in a positive manner through distribution of marketing materials, prize registration and giveaways, taking photos of product in hands
- Collect e-mail addresses: this is the main object of team members, use prizing as incentive to add attendees email address to our databases so they may then receive our various newsletters based on their interests
- Serve as event staff for signature events (4 annually): work all signature events as runners, door staff, assisting marketing on any additional needs during the event
- Execute Client promotions: attend events and promote client products on their behalf
- Must be positive, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic
- Have knowledge of City Pages, our brand, our products and must stay informed with our paper and online blogs, promotions etc.
- Attendance at all Monthly team meetings held the 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Must be over the age of 21
- Must be able to provide City Pages with a driving record
- Hours are almost always evenings and weekends
- Shifts range from 2-8 hours
- Monthly hours range depending on the amount of events Street Team is attending, summer being the busiest month
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org